no cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, This morning I went to the kitchen and turned on the cold water but there was nothing comeing out... although I do have plenty of HOT water.. It is only in the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=kitchen%20sink" onmouseover="window.status='kitchen sink'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">kitchen sink</a>.. The <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=bathroom%20sink" onmouseover="window.status='bathroom sink'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">bathroom sink</a> and Tub has plenty of cold water... How is this happeing and what do I need to get it to be fixed.....

Sponsored Links
good question....
anyway get the hot water in a bottle and put it in the fridge.

It sounds as if you have lost your incoming mains water - assuming you have a cold water storage tank in your loft, check if it is re-filling.

If neither the tank or the cold water tap in your kitchen (should be supplied off the mains) is working then check the stopcock inside your property is on - then check the stopcock on the boundary of your property (it's not that rare to have some joker turn it off on the way home from the pub).

If you do not have a mains water supply then you need to contact your water company and check if there is a problem in your area.

If no problem in your area then suggest you get a plumber in to check for blocked / collapsed pipework - stop running your other cold/hot taps as you will soon empty cold water tank in loft and hot water tank will follow soon after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back