Fitting TRV's on a communal heating system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted TRV's before and someone wants me to fit some on their radiators when the communal heating is turned off & drained down in the next few weeks.
I imagine it'll be easy enough but am I right in thinking that I won't be able to test the valves & system until they switch it back on again later in the year & is there anything else I need to be aware of? :)

Sponsored Links
Personnaly I'd either do it now or when filled back up.heating can be isolated either in the ceiling before it enters or in the service cupboard in the flat.

Don't do it while it's empty as you'll not be able to test and also when they refill you won't be popular if they then have to chase your leaks.

That's true, I might isolate it & do it just before they switch it on again and pop back the day after it's live to refill & check it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back