Im baffled with this drop in pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is totally baffling me

Combi boiler
i top the boiler up (ch) to 1 bar, after around 24 hours the pressure drops to zero (heating running throughout via room stat)

I then top boiler up (ch) to 2 bar turn heating completely off for 24 hours and no loss in pressure

During this time dhw is being used

I check everywhere for leaks no sign what so ever pipework/prv/rads under boiler absolutely nothing at all

Scratching my head with this one

Sponsored Links
Sound like the pressure vessel is knackered. Feel the prv pipe see if it gets warm or find where it terminates outside i bet it is wet.

Sponsored Links
Downstairs too? you need to let the system go cold as it will be evaporating when hot

Also try isolating the boiler over night and see if it drops - if it does you know the leak is in there!

Downstairs too? you need to let the system go cold as it will be evaporating when hot

Also try isolating the boiler over night and see if it drops - if it does you know the leak is in there!

I let the system go cold overnight, then topped it to the 2 bar, 24 hours later still sittin at 2 bar,

both upstairs and down all pipework runs under beams

Just to 100% take the prv out of the equation stick a ballon over the end of the pipe while you are running the heating........

Blackadder43";p=" said:
Just to 100% take the prv out of the equation stick a ballon over the end of the pipe while you are running the heating........

ive done that and not a drop in sight

Could be the plate HX is pin holed.

Does the gauge go up and down if you open and close a hot tap

Blackadder43";p=" said:

ive done that and not a drop in sight
I dont think you tried this for long enough (34mins between suggestion and your result post). try it again, for 24 hours, from cold @ 1bar, and watch the pressure gauge as the system heats up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back