Robinson Willey Salisbury turbo2 Gas fire and fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this fire? i at risk it anyhow as it wasnt working. what on earth is it. no flue, but has some kind of exhaust thing!!flueless. no air vent present but i at risked again because of no ventialtion present!!what a weird fire. 5 years ive never come across this thing

Sponsored Links
Gasbloke, I'm not surprised you havn't seen one of these in five yrs.They are not flueless as you mentioned they have a plastic flue to evacuate products of combustion and take air from the room they are fitted in.Two fans deal with exhaust and warm air distribution.No specific vent requirements.They do have a few more safety devices fitted than other fires eg o/heat and APS.I'll leave it there.

So you at risked it basically because you did not know what sort of appliance it was and how it worked.
it was the next generation after the ill fated Derwent that came out about twenty years ago and was recalled with all money paid back to customers

gasbloke, i dont know you or your experience, but you really should NOT be messing with an appliance that you know nothing about, it is a recipe for disater, i have been doing gas for donkeys years but there are things i wont touch without making absolutely sure i'm 100% ok with what i'm doing, i would rather declare to the customer that i am unsure of this appliance and will seek further advice from say somewhere like here, it is simply not acceptable to make decisions without knowledge, fair play you have said AR rather than left it working but it is still not right and a major concern in the industry

Sponsored Links
read my post. applaince inoperative!!!!!! therefor you at risk in case tenant/ landlord puts it back into operation . honestly!!

also the exhaust pipe went under floor boards to outside which was another Ar . not visible , inoperative, no m.i. or data badge so assume vent required another Ar.pls read post before jumping to conclusions which seems to the norm here. thanks to 45yearsgas for constructive reply!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back