hot water pressure test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All I am fitting a new bathroom suite we have a boiler with hot water tank (non combi) the shower mixer taps that the wife wants tell me I need !/2 to 1 bar of presure, is there a simple and easy way to find out what our pressure is cheers REG

Sponsored Links
The pressure is determined by the vertical distance from the loft tank to the outlet, On your type of system it would usually be about 0.2 / 0.3 bar at the bath tap. 10 metres = 1 bar.

Hi Sooey, thanks for your prompt reply looks like the wife wont get her taps (unless I pot the tank up on the roof), don't suppose there is any way to improve the pressure ??

It is possible to boost hot and cold water pressures with a pump, replace your current boiler with a combi, replace your cylinder with a thermal store or an unvented cylinder. Each system comes with it's own set of problems.

IMO it's probably better to spend some time searching for brassware matched to your system first. Most styles are available for most working pressures somewhere, but sometimes the prices can get a bit silly.

Sponsored Links
Hi TicklyT,thanks for your response, seems like a lot of work and expense, as you say if it ant broke don't mend it, I think I will go for taps to suit my pressure but I must agree some of the prices Im seeing are stupid just for a tap, i've bought cars for less, cheers Reg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back