Honeywell controls course- summary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cost- £30
Content- s and y plans, valves, stats (all types), cm zoned system with wireless.

It's okay- nothing you won't have learned via a out of box instal + a few hours of fun cross checking with diagrams.

Tuitors were good guys and new the products. Only real gripe was the fact that it was £30 and included 25% marketing execise to promote Honeywell controls- I shouldn't have to pay for marketing !

you walk off with a goody bag, so the installation manuals, wiring diagrams and valve set ups for zoned CH is no longer a mystery.

Practical was limited to S and Y plan wall board terminations and tests, it was good to see how it all inter works since for once all components were adjacent to each other on a wall board- which will never happen on site.

They are plaining a new advanced course for Q4 2010 which will cover the more complex situations such as multi zone CH for extra large housing and bespoke situations such as a combi with feeds to remote HW storage- obvious example is direct HW storage to megaflow.

It will also cover 2 and 3 coil storage (such as boiler HW, solar HW and air / ground source).

I'd give the course 8-10, I had rather thought the more complex setups would be included !

Sponsored Links
It's only a few switches and motors really.

I used to be scared of heating controls until I was thrown in at the deep end by a customer and had to actually sit down and work it all out.

Once you've got your head round it, it's dead easy. :LOL:

It really is a piece of p1$$. Forget all the Earths and Neutrals, they each go together anyway and are not switched.

Just think what bits you want to run/move and when, and what other peripherals control their actuation, taking note of pump run ons etc from boilers. And the wiring centres make it even easier......

Simples :cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back