Hotpoint WF321P washing machine inlet valve fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any-one tell me why it is impossible to buy a replacement for the water inlet valve on this machine. It developed a leak and the only way to cure it was to replace the valve, along with the soap tray. I was quoted £60+ and £50 for fitting. I decided to invest in a new machine (for £80 more!) Before the machine was taken away I took out the tray along with the valve just to see what was special about it. Imagine my amazement when I found it detached very easily from the tray and that very similar valves can be bought for £6. This smacks to me of a rip off and appears very contrary to any environmental policy we are urged to persue.

Sponsored Links
dispenser is only 34.00 from hotpoint poss even cheaper on line ,they are always snapping off. in the snow loads of them where going ,due to being in garages and very cold places .hotpoint would have done whole job inc parts /labour 90.00.they over price parts so you buy a new mc thats what you done ,and cheap parts made in china .

Well, that's my whole point, they are making repairs too expensive, leading to it being uneconomic to have them done, leading to scrapping fairly new machines, leading to environmental pollution !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back