plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have bought replacement lamp leads from the uk but they have no plugs. There are two wires. One is white and the other is pink? Could you tell me where they go please. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It would help a lot if we knew what kind of lamps these leads are for. The only kind of two core cable I've ever seen with pink and white cores has been low voltage stuff.

Two core mains lead in the UK has brown and blue cores. You used to be able to get 'figure of eight' white and twisted pair, also white, for lamps but I haven't seen it for years, though I still have some sixties vintage translucent twisted pair in the junk box. It was great stuff for wiring up valve heaters.

I think you've bought speaker wire by mistake.

the replacement lamp leads are for holding an aquarium fish light. There is one pink wire and one white wire. If that's any help could you please tell me. Thanks

230V?

12V?

Do the old leads have plugs? Can you transfer them?

What colour are the old leads?

Where did you get the new leads? Are you sure that they are the right ones?

Are there any instructions? Have you been in touch with the people who sold them to you?

A lead has 2 ends - what is/should be/needs to be at each end?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a flourescent end.

Is it for a 'tube' light??

Two lamp caps either end of the lamp?

Either way will work fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back