VAILLANT BOILER LEAK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant VC GB 182EH bolier, 15 years old. It has developed a slight leak - 2 or 3 drips per minute. No change in the sound of the boiler. It seems to be coming from a joint in the lower part of the boiler but I am worried it is a heat exchanger leak. How do I tell if this is the case ? Is it safe to leave on, there is no loss of pressure and heating and hot water are fine.

Clive :?: :(

Sponsored Links
No loss of pressure says it's on the domestic side, if the drips are central I would suspect water section, if on the far left the secondary h/ex would be prime suspect, of course it might be just a nut needs tightening.
As for the dangers - if water is not dripping/pooling on or near anything electrical you should be safe.

the 182 is a system boiler so any water leak should be a system pressure loss ? any leak needs sorting it wont get any better

Sponsored Links
the 182 is a system boiler so any water leak should be a system pressure loss ? any leak needs sorting it wont get any better
If that is so, then my post is total b0ll0X. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back