I want to ban ball type pump valves

• Thread starter herebriefly
  • Start date
H

herebriefly

Once again.... I put my faith in them on the primary pump, on a boilermate :rolleyes:

Turned them off, replaced pump turned the top valve on.... happy days. Turned the bottom valve on and it ****ed so much it made it nie on impossble to drain the store with it still turned on.

Obviously I worked around this problem but they NEVER work. :evil:

Just a moan.

David.

Sponsored Links
thats why you never turn one off, even on a boilermate..

don't turn them off they never work. and yes they should be banned, but then you could make a list of all kinds of ball type valves that leak and should be banned!

Never again. Next time Ill drain the store, stick a head on, re-fill and bu77er off.

David.

Sponsored Links
If I'm changing a pump I always turn them off, ok they often leak and if they do I change them but if they don't - result. :D

If I'm changing a pump I always turn them off, ok they often leak and if they do I change them but if they don't - result. :D

Your a luckier man than me. In 14 years of ball type pump valves, Ive yet to experience success! Never on a thermal store again - too much aggro. :(

David.

the only time ive had any luck with a ball type valve was on a powermax on the store pump at bottom,it was an oap custard with no ch or hw at half 5 at nite,ill thort bugger it and gambled on them cos i didnt have time 2 drain powermax,couldnt believe it i didnt even get a weep from them!!!!god was definately looking over me that night!!!!! :) :LOL:

Was working on a Vokera Linea Max on which I had rerplaced the isolating ball valve some 5 weeks ago. Turned the square head which suddle went free. The shaft was paper thin, more like a 'fuse' to break in event of slightest resistance.

If you see a phillps head securing the square nut, leave well alone.

Never touch them, I have changed pumps by draining and then found them leak when I have not touched them!!

If you take a pair of grips and firmly apply pressure to the front and back of the valve it sometimes clicks back into place and cures the leak. Worth a try seeing as otherwise you have to change it.

Whoever invented them, obvioulsy some design engineer who has never had to use them, should be covered in honey rolled in fibreglass and then tied next to a beehive and then kick the beehive over :evil: :evil:

Whoever invented them, obvioulsy some design engineer who has never had to use them, should be covered in honey rolled in fibreglass and then tied next to a beehive and then kick the beehive over :evil: :evil:
At least you don't bear grudges :eek: ;) :LOL:

Tell me about it. I just changed a div valve on a 28CDi. Never touched the valves and when I re pressurised the system, both flow and return pi$$ed out! Boiler off the wall job :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back