Mould on Bathroom Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I have mould on my Bathroom Ceiling though only on certain parts mostly the edges closer to the double Glazed Window. I have painted 3 times but the mould always returns even after using anti mould products and bleach prior to re-painting. Rest of the Bath Room ceiling is fine. Anyone know how to remedy this problem? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ventilation is the key really. Wipe it over with bleach again to get rid of the mould and whn dry use an oil based undercoat to paint it with instead of emulsion. Get a decent fan or keep the window open a bit more.

Dear Robbie uk

Many thanks please could you tell what make or brand there are of Oil Based Paint and best place to obtain etc? Sorry about the ignorance but really am a novice at this! I have already started to vent the Bathroom more by leaving the window open etc. Many thanks

you would do well to get an extractor fan, and run it during and after every bath or shower.

Sponsored Links
Oil based undercoat can be bought at any DIY in anyones make. Like John says the fan is the best thing in any bathroom. If its wired in with the light it should be timed to stay on at least 30 minutes after the light has been switched off. Better still have it wired to its own pull cord so you can keep it on longer when the light is not needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back