Belling Double Oven XOU499SS grill element replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I fit a new grill element to my Belling XOU499SS double oven?
The grill element in the top oven on my Belling Double Oven XOU499SS needs replacing. It's becoming bent and dropping towards the grill pan. How do I replace it?

Sponsored Links
The grill element should have a support bar either fitted to it or as part of the oven cavity that supports the element.

Is the support missing or dropped out of its mountings, depends on model etc the supports can be either slotted in either side of the cavity or screwed into the top or sides.

Due to condensation inside the grill and oven cavitys the screws and holes rust so sometimes need replacing or modifying.

Thanks for the reply. The element is bent in places and drooping. There is a support under the front section, but not attached to the element. (we've had it replaced before, but may have been with the wrong part?) Have found replacement element on the web, but not sure if this would simply 'plug in' to sockets at the back of the grill (I can't see any screws attaching the existing one) or if something more complicated, and therefore a qualified fitter, is required. Not bad at DIY buit don't want to bust the grill/oven by an incompetent attempt at a repair.

Sponsored Links
The elements on bellings are usually either screwed from the front inside the cavity (one or two on the plate at the back end of the element) or you remove the back of the oven and undo nuts that are on studs attached to the element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back