Potterton Lynx 2 reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My potterton Lynx 2 has the reset light showing. I have reset it many times and it works most times afterwards until the light shows again. Had an engineer out 3 times now who has changed the pump (made no difference) and is now stumped, he has even phoned Potterton direct and they dont know either, but suggested changing 3 parts but if that didnt work then they dont know what to do from then on. Help. This is getting expensive!

Sponsored Links
Hi Caroline,
Did you resolve your problem with your Potterton?
I have a potterton lynx2 which is tripping out and resetting frequently too. Not however, when an engineer is round >¬|
They turned the thermostat down for the water and CH, and changed the flow of gas, which hasn't helped.
Let me know if you have had any luck.
Sandra

Sponsored Links
My boiler kept resetting, plumber changed nearly everything & no better.

Finally tracked problem down to faulty control pcb, connector linking a sensor to the board had a dry joint on pcb.
connection on underside of the pcb, easy repair with soldering iron, under a minute to do. hope this helps, else its a new pcb eeeek.

I have just cured the reset problem on my Lynx 2. It would take about 20 attenpts to ignite the boiler having to reset the unit each time. I opened up the panel and watched as the boiler went through the start up sequence and noticed slight arcking on one of the plug-in wiring sockets ( the long one with 8 wires attached). I ensured the socket was pushed home tightly and pushed the wired into the block.....and it worked.

At the same time I tested the 240v 50hz fuse like component, on the far right of the board and could not get a reading. I removed and cleaned up the contact area and refitted. My test gear told me there was connection.

Hope this info helps someone, its taken me 2 weeks to track down the problem.

Good luck and keep posting.

Cheers

Brondelle

Hi,

It may be a 5 year old thread, but at least Brondelle is providing another possible solution.

And your comment is another year later.

I have to identify a fault within 30 minutes, not 10 days!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back