Fitting service valves to mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i'm going to be installing a new mixer shower fitted to a marflow pl8 fixing plate but manufactores state that isolating valves should also be used incase of maintenance or servicing, my problem is where to fit them, the pipework will be in the brickwork then tiled over and the bathroom floor will also be tiled so no access and shower tray fits flush to floor.
Does any one make fixing plates with isolating valves incorporated.

Sponsored Links
Wherever you fit them, put in full-bore valves or you may end up with a very poorly performing shower

Sponsored Links
Hi,
i'm going to be installing a new mixer shower fitted to a marflow pl8 fixing plate but manufactores state that isolating valves should also be used incase of maintenance or servicing, my problem is where to fit them, the pipework will be in the brickwork then tiled over and the bathroom floor will also be tiled so no access and shower tray fits flush to floor.
Does any one make fixing plates with isolating valves incorporated.

If you are feeding from the loft fit the valves in the roof space.
As said make sure they are full bore valves even if you use gate valves do check them first because some of these have restricted flow.

I've never seen a fixing plate iso valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back