Mira 88 shower control knob pack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'd be interested if anyone can advise on how to replace an old knob pack with a new one. I don't want to damage existing work but just need to replace the on off and temperature knobs.

Regards

Sponsored Links
the small inner dial just pulls off then remove the circlip and the large dial pulls off the spline

many thanks. took off smallineer dial and the clip but large spindle refuses to budge. Should I use some oil? don't want to damage the large dial but it should just slid off easy right?

Regards briano101

common problem useally a kettle of hot water does the trick poured over the dial.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that tried it and unfortunately it did't work...seems very stiff and don't want to break the spindle mechanism. any help would be appreciated,

Regards

you won't break the spindle that easy but it's just a case of wiggling it etc the best you can it's only gone tight on the spindle.

happens everytime. ;)

Seco,

Many thanks for the advice. Finally got the knob off and replaced with a new one. Actually had to use a soldering iron to loosen it off before i could pull it off. Thanks again.

I had one where it was stuck with limescale, so I soaked it in descaler and then it came apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back