ariston combi dhw noises when tap shut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope you may be able to help, i have a ariston combi ,i guesss about two to three years old, heating has no problem at all and runs very nice ,apart from slight kettling, on dhw the system makes a very loud sound when the hot water tap is turned off( not water hammer), i also get the sound if the dhw is set to max permently.
the only way i can explain the sound is about a 3 to 4 second elephant noise (lol) or whale noise, the happens as soon as the tap is turned off ,hot tap that is.
like i said the heating is fine ,pump runs fine , i flushed and cleaned the system today , and the noise has gone if the dhw is on Max and running ,but still have the same noise when the tap is turned off, apart from that the hotwater runs fine reaches temp very quick, ,anyway any clues??
apart from elephant and whale jokes
cheers
rob ps ,any hotwater tap

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back