Noisy Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Promax HE about 5 mins after boiler has come on there is a loud whining noise, i have had the manufactures out to look at the boiler they said there is nothing wrong with the boiler/fan etc, any ideas why this is happening and how to cure???

Sponsored Links
Whining noise is normally bearings so a fair assumption would be the fan or pump but if the manufacturers came out and said it was neither surely they should find out what it actually was because if never fitted one new that sounds like that

I have had gas valves make a squealing noise before but not too sure on your boiler model, hard to say not being there sorry

I have a Potterton Promax HE about 5 mins after boiler has come on there is a loud whining noise, i have had the manufactures out to look at the boiler they said there is nothing wrong with the boiler/fan etc, any ideas why this is happening and how to cure???

Potterton mentioned about air being pulled into the system should i make the open vented system into sealed system???

What does the installer say?

It sounds as if its been installed onto a system which is not correctly configured.

A sealed system would usually not cause any entrained air problems.

Tony

Sponsored Links
What does the installer say?

It sounds as if its been installed onto a system which is not correctly configured.

A sealed system would usually not cause any entrained air problems.

Tony

Please can you tell me more about "correctly configured" the old boiler was replaced with the promax HE nothing was changed with the system should the old pipes have been changed?

The pipes did not need to be replaced providing that the system was laid out properly.

We dont know if that was the case or not.

Tony

The pipes did not need to be replaced providing that the system was laid out properly.

We dont know if that was the case or not.

Tony
Is there a certain way the system has to be laid out for a potterton boiler?

There are not many noises made from this boiler, but if it sounds like a aeroplane taking off now and again , you may find the heat exchanger clogged with debris, I would either put in a sludge remover and leave for a while and or clean the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back