washing machine rinse water soapy/dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a while I have been noticing that my washing is not being rinsed properly. Residue is left in drum and clothing still has soap in. Have tried everything, less powder, different powder, even a new washing machine!! The pipe runs from the machine and directly into the side of the toilet, there is exit to outside drain. Any ideas what could be causing this? The machine being faulty has been ruled out now.

Sponsored Links
I'm inclined to agree with newboy. You'll just have to sit through a whole wash and rinse cycle and ensure that the machine empties completely between fills. If it does empty properly, here's another test. During the wash cycle open the soap tray and see if the soap's all gone. If your inlet flow is too weak it may not be taking all the soap into the drum.

This is a long shot but is the outside drain gully higher than the bottom of the machine. I know that's not very likely but you never know. If it is and if the end of the machine drain is submerged, dirty water will syphon back into the machine when the pump stops.

Another thought, and please accept my apologies if it's a stupid question. It would appear that you're using cold fill only. Are you putting the soap in the right half of the tray?

check that the water input (blue) hose is delivering plenty of water by tuning off the valve then disconecting it and turning on the valve. I've seen the self drilling types corrode up.

Sponsored Links
I originally posted it in plumbing and central heating - but it was moved to applicances.

Could it be that the outlet pipe of the washer is connected to the sink waste? should it just go directly outside ideally ?

dig wasnt at you mate it was at the twit that

1 moved the post
2 didnt bother telling anybody why (common courtesy)

wuold think the waste is partially blocked somewhere as my collegues have told you
only way realistically is to dismantle the lot and check it

not a pleaseant job but look on the bright side it could be the loo

;)

----------------------------------------
Moderator,

:oops: This was a difficult one and I felt if anybody else has the same problem with their washing machine they will look in the Appliances forum as it was reported a washing machine problem to start with.

If you connect your washer drain into the sink waste the wrong way, or even the right way if the sink waste has a partial blockage, dirty water from the sink will find its way into your washer. You can test this easily enough. Fill the sink and pull the plug a few times. Is the washer filling up?

post locked (over 1 month old)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back