Leak in the roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Came home last night to water in the bathroom and noticed dripping coming from the join of the outside wall and the ceiling. Went up into the loft to investigate and found that there was a slit in the loft felt and that water was coming in through it and down onto the insultaion and through the boards. I put my finger through the felt and can see daylight through the tiles so I'm assuming they've either slipped or cracked? Once the tiles have been fixed / moved back into place should this resolve my problem or do I need to replcae/fix the felt too?

Sponsored Links
Its going to be pretty hard to say what it is without a photo but yes there is a problem with the tiling somewhere.

Could be something as simple as a broken/slipped tile or it could be something a little more complicated such as a valley or flashing problem.

The felting should be fixed at the same time as the repair is made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back