Central Heating with a Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had my old Potterton Netaheat boiler / hot water cylinder / header tanks ripped out and a new combi boiler installed.

I now have mains pressure hot water - Does having a combi boiler mean that the central heating system is now also mains pressure ? Also, is the central heating circuit still a closed circuit ? ( If it is I need to check with my installer that he dosed the water. )

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You dont seem to have had much communication with the installer.

The heating is pressurised at whatever is shown on the front of the boiler gauge. Usually about 1.5 Bar and its a closed system.

The installer should have completed the Benchmark certificate, often at the back of the boiler book. This will show what inhibitor he has used.

It is often shown on the written quotation too.

Tony

You dont seem to have had much communication with the installer.

The heating is pressurised at whatever is shown on the front of the boiler gauge. Usually about 1.5 Bar and its a closed system.

The installer should have completed the Benchmark certificate, often at the back of the boiler book. This will show what inhibitor he has used.

It is often shown on the written quotation too.

Tony

Thanks Tony. You're right about the lack of communication with the installer - I was working overseas when the installation was done ( My wife was left to "project manage" !

Thanks for the explanation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back