fitting a fire with a balanced flue into a chimney..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
got a fire with a balanced flue, needs to go into a chimney.(no outside wall available) which is already flue lined....what is the best way to go about this? can you use the chimney surrounding the flue liner to draw the air into the fire? if not whats the best way to do this?

Many thanks dan

Sponsored Links
Hi,
got a fire with a balanced flue, needs to go into a chimney.(no outside wall available) which is already flue lined....what is the best way to go about this? can you use the chimney surrounding the flue liner to draw the air into the fire? if not whats the best way to do this?

Many thanks dan

Get a fire that is designed to be installed into a flued chimney? Better yet, get a RGI to install it.

hi
i am getting an rgi to install it, just need to know how its done so i dont get the wool pulled over my eyes as had many different opinions from rgi's...no already have the fire so it has to go in no matter what!

The fire is not designed for what you want. NO RGI WILL INSTALL IT. Get a fire that is designed to be installed into a chimney.

Mike

Sponsored Links
This may be possible but it depends on what is approved for use with your fire, as stated in the manufacturers' instructions. There are concentric (balanced) flexible flue liners available for some appliances. Expect such a liner to set you back around £300 plus the additional cost of fitting it, and any approved components required to adapt your fire for this kind of installation. There may also be the cost of removing the existing liner if the new one will not fit inside it, which it probably won't.

What make of gas fire have u bought , you posted 2 website's 1) from Grant , concerning a Vortex system for a boiler , possibly for there oil fired range ??? the other is from Drugasar , do u have a drugasar gas fire ?????

Lovely. Is there a PDF with some English instructions in it, or indeed does it have any English instructions at all? :eek:

erm working on that, emailed the uk stockist..also emailed the manufacturer...but translated the pdf today ....
does say on there can be used in an existing chimney ...but not how :LOL:

I would have thought that it might have been somewhat advisable to find out if it was suitable to fit as per your application prior to buying it ????

Ilooked at an install yesterday lady has already bought the fire , to be fitted into an existing chimney , or prefabricated chimney only problem she has not got a chimney Oh dear , perhaps she could do a swap with you !!! She than go's on to say well can't I just fit it anyway just poke a flue through the wall :) :)

See next post :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back