Brittony combi se 80 wont fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys an gals,

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me a hand. My boiler wont produce hot water when thetap is turned on. It worked fine this morning but came home tonight and no hot water.......

The boiler pressure is just under 1 bar as usual, and no leakage from what i can see. When you turn the tap on nothing happens (WRT the boiler) just cold water out of the tap.

Does anyone have any ideas as to cause and potential solutyion. On another note sometimes when cold outside and you turn the shower on, you have to turn the bath hot tap on to get hot water out of the shower to get the boiler to kick in.

Cheers

Bob

Sponsored Links
Heating works. But boiler will not turn off central heating to start hot water heating when tap turned on.

Last update as now i 'm confused.

Im not well versed in your model, but it sounds like a diaghragm fault. :?:

Im sure the experts on here will put me right though.

David.

Sponsored Links
Im not well versed in your model, but it sounds like a diaghragm fault. :?:

Im sure the experts on here will put me right though.

David.

hi every one i am no plumber or heating engineer but i have found a fault that no one seems to be seeing.
i have just had same problem on my boiler tonight central heating fine but no hot water.
i took diaphram apart and made sure it was free as it was not plunging down when hot water requested so not hitting micro switch to fire up burners.
the problem was not with the diaphram it was down to the fact that both sides of the diapham were seeing same pressure.
this was down to a vely small sping loladed peice of plastic to the left of the diaphram , it is held in by one squared off clip, i removed clip and pulled out the round assembly , inside i noticed tha the small white plastic bit was broken and not sitting correclt, i dissasembled part foun a very small plastic rawl plug cut the top off and glued this to the damaged bit (making it round again) reassembled and every thing is working perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back