Bathroom Waste Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I have a wet room that is currently being fitted out as a replacement for a badly fitted one. I havent moved any of the furniture around (ie the toilet and sink), just updated them slightly.

I was just browsing around last night and came across the building regs for plumbing etc. It appears that 32mm waste pipe can only be 1.7 m in length. My sink waste pipe is a shade over 4m to the stack outside.

When we took up all the boards, this pipe didnt have much of a gradient to it. We have now replaced the pipe and it now has a good 2.5 inch drop from one end to the other.

Having not realised that the recommended length is 1.7m, the floor has now been screwed down and boarded. Is this 2.5 inch drop going to be enough?

Cheers,

Pete

Sponsored Links
To conform with building regs the fall needs to be 1 in 20 min.

32mm dia. up to 1700mm
40mm up to 3000mm
50mm up to 4000mm

Hope this helps

Andy.

Is it draining ok as that is all you need to worry about?

You can always fit an anti vac trap for a few quid to be sure. :D

Yeah it seems to drain fine with no problems.

Im just working with what was in place already and trying to improve it along the way. Its a converted building which was done back in 2003 i believe.

Don't know if the building regs applied then or if they did, how they managed to get it passed. As mentioned, ive not moved or extended it, just replaced the pipe like for like.

Cheers,

Pete

Sponsored Links
Evening all,

I have a wet room that is currently being fitted out as a replacement for a badly fitted one. I havent moved any of the furniture around (ie the toilet and sink), just updated them slightly.

I was just browsing around last night and came across the building regs for plumbing etc. It appears that 32mm waste pipe can only be 1.7 m in length. My sink waste pipe is a shade over 4m to the stack outside.

When we took up all the boards, this pipe didnt have much of a gradient to it. We have now replaced the pipe and it now has a good 2.5 inch drop from one end to the other.

hope you havent cut the joists too much :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back