ADT Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I re-set a Galaxy 16 Plus unmonitored (contract) alarm system with a call centre code 23742? ADT want £200 plus call out fees. Gadzuks

Sponsored Links
if you want to power it down and reset the programming (if you think you are competent enough to do it)

just ask.

the code that it is asking for is a remote reset code, you have tripped the system and not got to it in time,

so it automatically asks you to call the comms centre and quote this number,

if you call an ADT engineer out to it, he will charge you between 175 and 225 to reset all programming (which he wont do all he will do is put it into engineer and reset it from there)

if you have the engineer code you can reset it yourself.
if you dont (and you don't have a tame ADT engineer to hand, you are going to have to either

call a company to reset your system
call ADT and pay thru the nose
reset the whole system yourself

How do I re-set a Galaxy 16 Plus unmonitored (contract) alarm system with a call centre code 23742? ADT want £200 plus call out fees. Gadzuks
Well what poor advise.

If you want to negate your contract with ADT just go ahead with what has been suggested, oh, and don't forget to inform your insurance company that you've done it as they will more than likely want to review your cover.

By the way if it is an unmonitored system, why has it been set up for remote re-set in the first place?

There seems to be more information missing here than given.

PS
..... and before it is suggested by anyone I do not work for ADT

The alarm went off several times due to insects walking across the PIR. The Police will not attend attend again until 3 clear months have passed> I have suspended the contract for three months to make sure there are no more false alarms. However, I was still using it as a local unmonitored alarm until then. Do you work for ADT?

Sponsored Links
Well what poor advise.

If you want to negate your contract with ADT just go ahead with what has been suggested, oh, and don't forget to inform your insurance company that you've done it as they will more than likely want to review your cover.

By the way if it is an unmonitored system, why has it been set up for remote re-set in the first place?

There seems to be more information missing here than given.

PS
..... and before it is suggested by anyone I do not work for ADT

Did you miss that bit?

The alarm went off several times due to insects walking across the PIR. The Police will not attend attend again until 3 clear months have passed> I have suspended the contract for three months to make sure there are no more false alarms. However, I was still using it as a local unmonitored alarm until then. Do you work for ADT?

How do you know it was insects walking accross the PIRs?

I find it odd that three false alarms have been attributed to insects.
There could be a problem with the system.

If you had police call then you are stuck with ADT as you will be tied in to a contract. That is how they can install cheap systems, your hands are tied and they can charge whatever they want to get their profits up for the next 5 years or so. Even if you cancel the contract they will want the remainder of the contract paid. Also depending on your system, if you have had police response removed the URN may have been canceled by the police, you may have to update your system to a Grade 2 standard to get back on police call.

Sorry for only bad news.

Grahame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back