Hoover ACM 16 Washing Machine Doing Nothing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine started the cycle wet the clothes and pretty much stopped.

Now the power light comes on, the door locks but then nothing happens regardless of where you move the dial. Tried turning it off for a while on the wall. Been through all the options on the dial but its doing nothing.

I did clean out the filter on the front which was holding a fair amount of water plus a hair band and two thin strands of metal which were black and dirty. When I say thin strands I mean half the width of a match but double the length.

Would like to order the part to fit myself ideally but need to know whats wrong!

Any advice would be great before I have to call someone out at the cost of £119. I've found a few posts on the net with the exact problem but no one has updated them with the resolution.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip finally got the time to have a look today and this looks to be the problem. I'm going to order new ones and report back if it works.

The motor bushes were low I've replaced them with new one's today but its still doing the same thing.

Door lock light comes on nothing else happening. Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
No wonder all the posts I found on the net weren't closed off. It probably not possible to diagnose the problem online. Anyway if your reading this after your machine did the same thing it may well not be the brushes.

New machine arriving today. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back