FCU\\\'s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if it was possible to connect a new fcu to an existing one creating a spur? or am i completly mad??

Sponsored Links
shadow said:
I was wondering if it was possible to connect a new fcu to an existing one creating a spur?
What exactly have you got now - what feeds the FCU, and what does it supply, and what exactly do you want to end up with and why?

or am i completly mad??
Don't know yet.... ;)

Hi Ban all sheds,

Unfortunately I haven't got access to all my wiring as I live on the ground floor of a converted house and to do so would mean ripping upstairs laminate flooring up!!!! :(
anyway I have access the kitchen lighting, but on inspection, the previous owners have had the house alarm wired into that with a fcu in the cupboard under the stairs, this is the fcu that i enquired about running another fcu from.
I wish to install an extractor fan in the window of the cupboard/room under the stairs and need info as to what to wire it into. :confused:
Any hwlp would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
If the instructions for the fan tell you to use an FCU, then I guess you should. In which case why not take the supply from the lighting circuit? Connecting 1 FCU to another is odd, and you risk losing the alarm supply due to a fault on the fan circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back