Combi boiler fault. Hot water OK but Lockout when turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an Ariston combi boiler in my flat.

Heating works fine (not that I have ti on at the moment, but I tested it and all is OK)

But when I run a hot tap, it is alsof ine, until after I switch the tap off, then the boiler goes to Lockout and has to be reset.

What could be some of the causes of this? Is it possible for me to repair it myself? I'd like to know what it could be so I can decide.

I have been thinking and searhcing and found out possible causes could be a scaled/dirty DHW heat exchanger? I am not sure if this is true? Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
I have a Ford car. Would that tell you which model of car I have?

Sponsored Links
haven't got or looked at your boiler manual, but could be a DHW heat exchanger blockage problem

Lock out ?? overheat lockout ??? does the boiler shut down when you turn the tap off or does it still stay on for a while ( alight ) does it make any difference if you turn the hotwater temp down ??

Hello Reneel,

I have got the same problem with Ariston 28He MFFI, did you find out what was the problem with your boiler. I would appreciate for any help.

Thanks Sol.

Obviously there are many possible causes which all need to be checked on site but my expectation would be that its an overheating problem caused by scale on the main HE.

However, that would need to be diagnosed by a competent engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back