Lighting circuit layout

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a result of the dry rot we had recently we had to take some ceilings down which has exposed the electrics. It all looks pretty good considering - all pvc and T+E so I'm really pleased I don't have to get that sorted as well.

But, what I did notice was the upstairs lighting circuit is not a simple serial. It looks a bit like the diag below where CU= Consumer unit and L1= light 1 etc.

From my memory of physics i cant see it's an issue, but should I consider doing anything about it?
Lightingcircuit.jpg

Sponsored Links
Perfectly normal. It is a radial circuit and you can have many branches and cul-de-sacs.

The main thing to look out for is if the circuit is sufficient for the total load!

That is absolutely fine, and not particularly uncommon.

Have a beer and chill. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I could see why it would be an issue, but always worth checking with the experts.

Just counted up 900watts and the cable is 1.5 T+E so should be fine and dandy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back