ADT - ENGINEER MODE - O/c tamper on front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a galaxy 8 + alarm, that when some builders converted my garage - messed it up. It is now in engineer mode with a tamper on the front door. I can not seem to reset this one. The other one I did in on the sensor. But my alarm will not go out out of engineer mode until this has cleared. Any ideas would be great.

Sponsored Links
If the contact has a tamper switch this will need to be closed, only recent door contacts have tamper switches though(3-4yrs) and i doubt yours will as a galaxy 8 is now fairly old. If it is not the tamper switch then either the cable has been cut or the wire has been pulled out from the terminal in the contact and will need to be reconnected.

Hi thanks for the prompt response, it does not have a tamper switch. I have not looked at the big box but small box near the door i undid and 2 of the four wires are attached is this my problem if so do you know where they should go?

Sponsored Links
Would be best if you could post a photo. If the contact has two resistors in it then there should only be two wires connected if no resistors then normally four wires connected. Builders being builders i would say a cut wire here.

On the galaxy keypad can you enter the engineers menu? if not you should be able to complete the following in the user menu.

Enter your code and press ENT.
You want to find the DISPLAY menu by pressing the A key. Then press ENT.
Find, DISPLAY ZONES by pressing the A key. Then press ENT
Find the zone you know is faulty then press the # key.

On the bottom right hand corner will either be a number representing the circuit resistance, O/C or S/C

As for the contact wiring:

The yellow cable and leg one of the 1st resistors should be wired onto one of the silver screws.

The other leg of resistor 1 and one leg of resistor 2 should be connected to the other silver screw.

The Blue cable and the second leg of resistor 2 should be connected together. (you can wire this into one of the brass coloured screws)

Post back your results.

Firesec, you are discribing the wrong panel.

KatieNic,

you have a damaged cable you can either try and find the break and reconnect it or seriously call your alarm company and charge the builder for it.

By the look of the pics you have more than 1 item on that cable so there may be a joint in it and it may run power through it. If you short the power it may activate and you might not be able to silence it.

sorry morph81, but that panel is a GALAXY and most probably either an 8 plus or 16 plus,

how firesec has described the repair is correct.

only if the cable from the end station is continuous, if not the client will have to re run the cable and connect as described.

but if the client cannot do this, then call the alarm company in to fix it.

Enter your code and press ENT.
You want to find the DISPLAY menu by pressing the A key. Then press ENT.
Find, DISPLAY ZONES by pressing the A key. Then press ENT
Find the zone you know is faulty then press the # key.

John, the 8+ and 16+ have NEVER had 'DISPLAY' or 'DISPLAY ZONES' option in any menu

So morph81 is correct.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back