Texecom wintex software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just installed a texecom premier 24 panel I'm my house (my first alarm install) and am trying to program it using wintex and the com 2400 I bought..

The problem im having is my wintex is quite an old version and I get a message saying as my panel has firmware 8.4 I should update wintex.

The texecom site however wont let me download as im not a registered installer, does anyone know of a site where i can get hold of the latest version?

Thanks for any help,
Sam[/i]

Sponsored Links
Ignore that. I sent you the software in an email, but it got bounced back. Do you have an email address that works?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks to both repliers.. I sent Texecom a mail but have yet to hear back.

RF Lighting.. thanks for trying to send me that.. Im not sure why my email would have bounced it back..

If you could retry sending it to ... removed addresses as mail now received. (still in profile)
Thank you :)

Sam

Got the software via member on here,

Thanks alot, sorted my panel out with it,

the new software has more features that makes life much easier.

So someone on here is infringing copyright :eek:

its so easy to get the software, I asked my mate for the software and he tried to register as an installer on the texe.com website and his application went thorugh no problems at all, no questions asked about the company other than the name and address and hes never touched an alarm in his life!!!

what i think is when u buy an pc interface for the panel they should supply you with the software, UDL can be blocked while alarm is armed, dont know if the comms ports can be disabled though,

the software is so easy to use though, it makes life much much easier.

Ive seen websites which sell the software for £5.

So your mate gave false information to gain access to a restricted part of the website.

So why get it from someone on here if its so easy.

Got the software via member on here,

Thanks alot, sorted my panel out with it,

the new software has more features that makes life much easier.

So someone on here is infringing copyright :eek:

its so easy to get the software, I asked my mate for the software and he tried to register as an installer on the texe.com website and his application went thorugh no problems at all, no questions asked about the company other than the name and address and hes never touched an alarm in his life!!!

what i think is when u buy an pc interface for the panel they should supply you with the software, UDL can be blocked while alarm is armed, dont know if the comms ports can be disabled though,

the software is so easy to use though, it makes life much much easier.

Ive seen websites which sell the software for £5.

So your mate gave false information to gain access to a restricted part of the website.

So why get it from someone on here if its so easy.

No he gave the right information but texe.com accepted it, he even selected 1-to something alarm installations because he helped me with this one.

apparently it took a couple of days to get his user id to get working and I needed the software ASAP.

You a registered engineer with texecom?

Love to see who is giving it away without Texe permissions.
Think i`ll post this link to a M8 who is a director there, see what they have to say.

Nope i am not.

maybe you will never find out!
i need it for personal use, i have 2 alarms (home and office) and i would like to make some changes. i had the software but after reinstalling windows i lost it...

I might not but Texecom are now aware of this.

To quote " We give it away for free under licence to professional installers, not the DIY own use market"

Think i`ll post this link to a M8 who is a director there, see what they have to say.

Calm down luv. :evil:

papakigr: Send an e-mail to Texecom requesting a copy of Wintex. They will most likely send you a copy without any trouble.

Calm down luv. :evil:

papakigr: Send an e-mail to Texecom requesting a copy of Wintex. They will most likely send you a copy without any trouble.

Very calm sweetness :p
My friend is still of the opinion it is for registered installers. Of course you can apply for it, may not get it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back