fault on pump BAXI COMBI 105HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently been working on my system and have had the hot water playing up but when you reset the system it goes ok BUT now whatever i do as soon as i switch boiler on FAULT ON PUMP OR LOW SYSTEM PRESSURE led comes on
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
When you say "working on my system", What exactly have you done?.You may have lost system pressure if you have worked on rads etc.

i was installing a new towel rail andit leaked a couple of times
i topped up the system with cold water to 1.0 bar and released all the air thro the vent, it was working but as i say it started to shown pump fault for a couple of days after i installed new taps to the bath and now the fault is permanent

Hi,

Could be a couple of things....

Firstly, after opening the auto air vent, did you leave it open, or close it again???

Secondly, does the pump sound as though it's running???

If you closed the auto air vent, the pump could be air locked.... If not, the pump could be stuck..... If the pump is stuck, it can be taken out and cleaned, or indeed is easily replaced....

Failing this I would thing there could be dirt in the C/H manifold inlet behind the diaphragm. This would cause the boiler to give a constant pump/pressure fault...

Martin

Sponsored Links
Sorry, should have asked, what is the current system pressure???? When you say you opened the bleed valve, do you mean on the towel rail, or the pump inside the boiler???

Martin

thanks for the possibilities
i drained both the radiator and the boiler
the problem or cure now is that i left the boiler off for several hours and when i tried it on again it seems to be working so god knows, does this help your prognosis

When you were carrying out the work (after re-filling the system), did you open the boiler??? Sounds ilke the pump may have been air locked. What is the current system pressure??

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back