Scantronic 9800 "Lb" Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does this fault mean I need a new battery (its about 2 years since it was changed) or is there something else wrong.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if i remember (its been a while since i worked on the 9800 series)
lb means battery missing

so check the battery, or just change it, to be on the safe side

if you have the knowledge,
check the charge rate and voltage on the existing and new battery
just to make sure the power supply is working

oasis

Thanks for the reply Oasis, I'll check those things out.
... oh, and don't forget that,

A healthy battery voltage is no indication that there is any capacity available, in the same way that fumes smelt in your fuel tank is no indication that petrol exists!

In other words the battery could still be faulty.

Is the control panel with the battery in the airing cupboard?

By the way > Lb = Control panel low battery.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've changed the battery for a new one but the fault and service lights are still on despite powering it all down and rebooting. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

can anyone remember whether there is a battery fuse on the 9800??
(if there is it will be (probably) a 20mm glass 5 amp slow blow)

for the life of me i cannot remember (i can remeber how to program one but not if there is a fuse on the pcb)

would that not come up a fb ??

oasis

The 9800 does'nt have any traditional fuses, they're all polyswitch fuses (ie self re-setting).

To the original poster, are you getting a voltage on the end of the battery leads, and does the battery take over when you disconnect the mains? Usually if the fault and service LEDs are on, it means the fault is still present and has'nt been reset. If just the service LED is on, it means the fault has cleared but needs resetting (sometimes and engineer reset is required)

Hi,

Just got back after a few days away and the keypad seems to have no power to it and the outside bell is quietly sounding. I've powered it down and rebooted it but it hasn't made any difference. Completely clueless now!! I've disconnected the battery and removed the power cable but the outside bell is still sounding. As a last resort I disconnected the bell wiring from the circuit board but that didn't make any difference.Could the bell battery or box be the problem? Thanks

You've got to check your on-board voltages. It sounds like your voltage regulator has packed up. That's why the SAB has let go in the siren unit.

You've got to check your on-board voltages. It sounds like your voltage regulator has packed up. That's why the SAB has let go in the siren unit.
What Joe means is that there is a battery in your outside bell (SAB) that needs a continuous 12v from the control panel to stop it sounding.

Thanks for the replies. Does this mean the panel is kaput or is it something that can be repaired? Could someone point me in the general direction of it on the curcuit board so I can check it out please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back