vibration in water pipes after replacing a toilet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am remodeling a powder room on the first floor, and the supply pipe to the toilet broke (old and just snapped at the valve). I turned off the water main and had the valve replaced the following day by Horizon serivces (a plumbing company). Main valve is opened back up. The toilet is not yet hooked back up in the powder room, but when we flush the upstairs toilets, there is a vibration throughout the house that lasts 15 seconds or so and then stops. I've flushed the toilets 10+ times since the fix, but vibrations continue. Doesn't seem to happen with the sinks. Ideas to how to stop the vibrations?

Sponsored Links
Could be the float valve in the cistern isn't braced properly, or a stop tap problem. The jumper( washer carrier) may be loose, or the washer may have broken up when you turned it off, allowing metal to metal contact and vibration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back