Bath mixer taps with shower head attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way of regulating the pressure required to prevent the shower flow on bath mixer taps tripping back to the main outlet (ie. button drops down). If I put the tap on cold and lift the shower attachment button the water flows thru the showerhead ok , however if I move the tap just over half way towards the hot setting the button releases.

My hot water is being fed by a worcester bosch 240 combi, and my taps are the same as the ones sold on ebay using link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1282&item=4365482292&rd=1

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
There's a screw underneath the pull up button, where the shower lead connects and there is a spanner type (2 flat edges for a 10mm spanner) on the shaft of the button, are these the valves?

Currently they are both at there tightest position, but I've played arround with them and it doesn't seem to make much difference?

Could it just be that the pressure of my hot water is too low ?

Sponsored Links
I removed the spring from within the shower lever, and it now works fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back