Fusebox Fitted Near Radiator- Safe to Fit a Rad Cover ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recentlly had an new fusebox fitted. It is sited next to a radiator (about 4" to one side.)

The radiator is pretty old and the plaster round it a bit lumpy so i was looking into fitting a decorative box radiator cover.

I was thinking of getting one big enough to cover the fusebox too (i would create an opening door on it to allow full access to the fusebox.)

So basically would there be any issues with the fusebox getting too hot being covered alongside the radiator?

Cheers for feedback

Pete

Sponsored Links
Pete, it isn't really a good idea, but it wouldn't be so bad if you were construct a close-fitting divider, with at least 50mm Kingspan (or similar) insulation, in order to make it a separate, ventilated compartment.

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
Radiator covers are a bad idea in general!! Think about it, you are blocking the heat excaping from the radiator. The heat will go into the wall and outside!!! Then the rad has to be on longer to heat the room itself!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back