Laguna headlight cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plastic outer cover has become cloudy. Its a rough outer surface and if wetted looks fine until it dries.

I have tried rubbing with soapy water and green plastic scourers but it does not make any difference.

Whats the cure?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Nickso,your just a junior engineer!!! How did you know such a thing,the cover needs replacing or the whole headlight unit usaully from euro car parts in wembley or GSF :LOL: :LOL:

us junior engineers are where its at my good man. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have tried rubbing with soapy water and green plastic scourers but it does not make any difference.

Tony

probably made it worse if anything....

plastic doesnt polish up anywhere near as easily as glass, its unlitly to be anything other than a new lens.

For many polishing jobs Brasso was the cure. I once had some perspex polish but that was a clear gel and I never used it.

Well I had a the idea of how to deal with the problem if I could not actually polish out the cloudyness and hoped someone else would have advised me to use it.

I had noticed that when wet the water filled the rough surface and lade it look OK so I painted it with Clear Exterion gloss varnish. Fine did the job.

The MOT tester failed to notice my main concern the back brakes catching too hard on the n/s and hardly acting on the o/s. The linings were also worn and making a grinding noise. He failed to notice the rear wiper was not operating ( as I had removed the fuse ).

Instead he found some unexpected things like a leaking shock, a tie wrap missing off the c/v joint gaiter and leaking exhaust joints.

Nothing too serious I am pleased to say but as he was recommended by a mechanic he could have been worse. But he did not give me a cert as the brake pedal is spongy. I think thats related to the rear brakes probem but I will ask the question on here for some ideas.

Tony

Back