Water pressure / bar - can a tap be rated TOO low?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the confusing title of this post. My question is - I live in a house with very low hot water pressure and the kitchen tap I bought from Argos a while back (although it said "suitable for low pressure systems") gives me a very weak flow from the hot tap. I now know (thanks forum members) about bar ratings and have found a new tap set that is rated as suitable for 0.1 bar. To be honest I dont know the actual bar pressure I will be getting so I am just wondering if, say, I bought this tap but my actual water pressure was 0.5 bar would there be any problem with the tap coping? Also, the cold is from the rising main so quite strong pressure - I assume that a 0.1 bar rated tap could cope as well. Sorry to all of you who are rolling your eyes now at the stupidity of my question!

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

The 0.1 bar will be the MINIMUM recommended water pressure required.

So yes it will be ok to use with your set up.

Rico
:cool:

The low flow rate may simply be due to the low pressure, and a tap rated "low pressure" won't necessarily help with this. However, some taps are designed to mix air with the water to give the impression of more water coming through and this type of "low pressure" tap might help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back