central heating radiator problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. My dad drained down our central heating system with is a sealed system I believe with a boiler in the kitchen and a hot water storage tank in the upstairs cupboard. After he drained down the system and refilled it all the radiators up stairs are working but none of the downstairs are. The pipes from the boiler run upstairs first then drop down inside the walls to the downstairs rads. All the downstairs rads have a drain off point on them. Is this an airlock somewhere ?. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kevin.

Sponsored Links
Try turning off all the upstairs radiators, and run the heating this may force the water downstairs removing the airlock with it, keep an eye on the system pressure and be ready to re-charge it to 1-5 Bar if needed ;)

Thanks Boilerman2 all try what you said as soon as I can. If that fails to help is it possible to pull the water through from one of the drain off points or will that do nothing ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back