dual fuel cooker not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had our lofra multifunction oven for 4 years. its a dual fuel cooker i.e. gas hob and oven is electric.
the problem is, the main oven has stopped working i.e. nothing comes on... the lights or the oven itself, the smaller oven on top works fine, just the bigger main oven, not getting any response.
any ideas, if an amateur like me can check for anything?
if not, what sort of person would i need to call out for this..electrician? and how much can i expect to pay?

ive managed to locate the cooker, from an online search. also seems like lofra doesnt exist anymore icon_sad.gif

http://www.jualdomestics.com/?act=viewProd&productId=7811

it does have a timer. now when moving this around nothing was happening. so i moved it clockwise to the maximum and then bought round anti clockwise so that the timer would start, it started to tick, but still no response from the oven
out of desperation, i moved the timer knob around a few times both ways, and now it doesnt do the 'countdown clicking' sound anymore icon_eek.gif

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What you have is an Appliance.

Electrician's don't repair appliances.

Suggest you post this on the Appliance section or ask the Moderators to move you.

Lofra cookers were particularly awkward to repair as the same fault would often reappear on the exchanged item ( i was their service engineer for dorset ) it sounds like the multifunctional control has failed probably burnt out one of the contacts.
the component parts are all generic and not unique to lofra so you shouldn't have much trouble getting a spare part.
get a local engineer that has a lot of experience with cookers and is also competent on electrics as you may be able to use another connection on the control they have numerous ones and most are duplicated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back