WB 19/24CBi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was installed 12 months ago. All was fine but now whenever it fires up a knocking noise is heard. I have had an engineer out and the boiler checks out fine. He suggested it was air in the pipes. I used the finger vent in airing cupboard to bleed but noise still happens. Can any suggest a fix?

Sponsored Links
Noise could be coming from your diverter valve on the system, find the position of the valve (often near the cylinder) and place your hand on it to see if it shudders when its activated.

by the diverter value, I presume you mean the Y plan. This was also replaced with the valve. I can't find any vibration in the area of the cylinder. It always appears to be in the pipes. When the boiler fires up, the noise starts about 60 seconds or so after the initial fire up and continues until the boilers stops. When the fan is running in the boiler, it doesn't happen. The knocking isn't constant, regular, every 15 seconds or so I get a knock or a series of several. It sounds like a kettle between knocks when the kettle could use a descaling.

was the system powerflushed when the new boiler was installed?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back