Can Drayton ZA5 replace Drayton ZA6?

Sponsored Links
Depends on which type of valve you you have?

Is it a 2-port zone valve, a 3-port mid-position, or 3-port diverter (port A or Port B)?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a second 2 -port valve?
yes a ZA6
Good, that makes life easier!

I have just read your other post on the same subject and realised that you had a ZA6 (with the white wire doing nothing) and want to replace it with a ZA5. That's still OK.

You connect new ZA5 Blue to the same terminal as second ZA5 Blue.
You connect new ZA5 Grey to the same terminal as second ZA5 Grey
You connect new ZA5 Orange to the same terminal as second ZA5 Orange
You connect new ZA5 Green/Yellow to the same terminal as second ZA5 Green/Yellow

That leaves the Brown wire.

The Brown wire is the control wire and will connect to the output from the appropriate thermostat. From your other post, that is the HW thermostat. The cable from that stat has two wires (possibly 3). One of these will go to a terminal with nothing else connected. Connect the Brown wire to this terminal.

Do you have a second 2 -port valve?
yes a ZA6
Good, that makes life easier!

I have just read your other post on the same subject and realised that you had a ZA6 (with the white wire doing nothing) and want to replace it with a ZA5. That's still OK.

You connect new ZA5 Blue to the same terminal as second ZA5 Blue.
You connect new ZA5 Grey to the same terminal as second ZA5 Grey
You connect new ZA5 Orange to the same terminal as second ZA5 Orange
You connect new ZA5 Green/Yellow to the same terminal as second ZA5 Green/Yellow

That leaves the Brown wire.

The Brown wire is the control wire and will connect to the output from the appropriate thermostat. From your other post, that is the HW thermostat. The cable from that stat has two wires (possibly 3). One of these will go to a terminal with nothing else connected. Connect the Brown wire to this terminal.

wow thats brilliant, my nightmare may be over thank you very very very much :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am replacing a za6 with a za5 I have got to the bit were I have the brown wire left but dont know were to put it, I have just taken the za6 off do I just put the brown wire were the white wire was

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back