Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im looking to have my shed wired with the following:

1) 8x double sockets
2) 2x Strip Lights
3) 1x Motion activated security light
4) Two small water features run from a waterproof double switch on outside of shed.

I was hoping to get some advice on what materials i need.

The house is RCD Protected (board is full) and has an earth stake. The intention is to run the shed from a seperate CU which i already have (6 way board with 1 x 32, 1 x 20, 1 x 16 and 2 x 6 amp MCB)

My only querie really is that the shed is 30 meters away from the house so would i need to have a single CU Swith MCB/RCD at the main board end or would it be ok to run the Armoured cable straight off the main board to shed CU.

I will be getting an Electrican to do the wiring its just that i want to get the parts delivered ready for him to start once i found someone local. I will be running the Armoured Cable (which we already) have down myslef and chasing the walls ready to try and save a bit of money on the labour.

Any help you can offer would be great.

Best Regards
Neil

Sponsored Links
You really need to speak to the electrician you have in mind to install the work, he will help you design it correctly taking all factors and loads in to consideration and offer you a material list, but your electrician will more than likely hold a trade account at a wholesalers that will offer bigger discounts than you are likely to get.

My only querie really is that the shed is 30 meters away from the house so would i need to have a single CU Swith MCB/RCD at the main board end or would it be ok to run the Armoured cable straight off the main board to shed CU.

If the existing board is full then surely you don't have much choice in the matter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back