Worcester Bosch 240BF Combi Hot Water But No Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch 240 BF Combi Boiler. I tried to turn the central heating on but the boiler didn't fire up. However it does when I turn the hot tap on. There is no external room thermostat connected and I've changed all the fuses in the boiler to be on the safe side, but still no luck? The water pressure is fine also. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need to check there's a demand into the PCB. Are you ok to do a few wiring checks with a multimeter? There's a wiring diagram on the back of the white case that you lift off...

Hi, yes I can get hold of a multimeter, but not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do with it!

Sponsored Links
Hi sorry for the late reply, i've been on holiday!

You need to check for 240Vac into the main PCB from the controls. There's a wiring diagram on the back of the front pannel but if you're unsure of how to do this, you'll probably be better off getting someone in for safety reasons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back