Mira Sprint 9.5 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've got a Mira Sprint 9.5kw shower fitted about 6 years ago. Last week, whilst the wife was showering, the main electric trip switch for the whole house went. I reset it, but the shower now only produces a fairly low pressure flow of fairly warm water when the temp gauge is set to maximum. Changing the temp gauge doesn't affect the water pressure from the shower, but it gets cold when the gauge is set to less than 2/3. Shower used to be nice and warm at under halfway! Power light is lit, but low pressure one is not.

I'm assuming something's gone pop in the shower unit, but I'm neither an electrician or a plumber. Is this fixable or do I need to get a replacement shower.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would guess either one of two heating elements, or one of the control switches has failed, resulting in the reduced performance.

The elements are sealed in a 'can', which is in effect the boiler. The complete can is replacable, but the cost may approach that of a new shower.

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/ is one source of spares.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant

Cheers for your help guys

Much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back