Yale HSA6400 Telecommunicating Control Panel Source

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement HSA6400 telecommunicating control panel (HSA6091) as I have had a break in and they ripped the unit from the wall and jumped up and down on it and now it will not work. I can't find anyone who just supplies the part - yale support are not answering my emails and it seems that it is not sold online separately and I don't really want to buy a whole system just for this part.

TIA

Alistair

Sponsored Links
Did it scare them off?

In the cases where entry has been attempted and the panels are damaged my experience has been that the panel has already activated the siren (presuming the system has been designed properly and the panel is in a protected zone.)
last week a burglary I visited had a fully installed grade 2 system by a major manufacturer but the system design was pants allowing the panel to be reached while still counting down and with no external siren they disconnected the phone and ripped the panel from the wall in peace and quiet before ransacking the home.

Sponsored Links
Yes, Alarm worked fine although my panel was hidden they found it by going through the entry door and opening the cupboard where the panel was fitted. The alarm sounded and they ripped it from the cupboard and it looks like they jumped up and down on it a few times before running away. My neighbours got a good look at them and they are also on CCTV so the Police think they will get them quickly.

Great news. Not about the break in and damage but about the system doing its job.
You can silence the control panel sounder from the advance menu.
You could also use a lock on the cupboard and then add a remote keypad to operate the alarm.

This would mean the system had a good chance to call out on the designated numbers before the panel was found.

Of course having said that the extreme noise of the panel always seems to spook people into leaving quickly which is no bad thing.

You can also delay both the internal and external sirens allthough I have never advocated this method. Although it would give your system time to call out before being discovered the burglars may have time to take what they want anyway. If someone could suggest why this option would be used I would be interested to hear why.

Of course having said that the extreme noise of the panel always seems to spook people into leaving quickly which is no bad thing.

I have this function switched off on my HSA6090 panel, but I wondered if you would recommend it was left on?
When I was first installing the system it went off and it made it almost impossible to go near the panel to cancel it, which I suppose is the whole point of the panel siren.
Would the keyfob control be best for a situation like that?

I like the idea of an additional siren inside the house (e.g. high up in the stairwell where you need a ladder to get at it) to frighten the intruder, with the control panel well out of sight and inaccessible so it can be phoning out. In this case you also need a keypad which is more easily accessible so you can arm and disarm, it doesn't matter if your intuder bashes this keypad with his hammer.

Yes I thought it was strange that Yale don't make some internal sirens as most wired systems have them and they are extremely loud when you are close to them.

I have tried to use an old HSA3800 bellbox and link it into the 6400 setup to trigger some Yale SAA5030 additional sirens but the power output wasn't compatible and it I had to wreck the cable of the additional siren as it has a 3.5mm jack on it - I guess I could use a nc relay from the siren source but would need to know the trigger point and I haven't really had to to get any further into it. Some internal wireless sirens would have been a great compliment to the Yale accessory lineup.

you can use an ordinary Yale siren, but it is a lot bigger than an ordinary internal Sound Bomb.

on the yale system, you can attach as many sirens as you want (the siren receives radio signals, but does not transmit a confirmation message to the sender, so the panel does not know or care how many sirens are receiving it.

On the 6400 and 6300 systems you have as you say an internal siren.

I have however used external sirens internally when fitting Yale 6200 systems if the client likes the idea of noise inside the home too.

These can be easily hidden on top of most kitchen wall units as they normally have a recess on top. There is also the advantage of hearing your system being set and unset easier.
To use two sirens within a 6200 system you simply set both sirens to learn at the same time and learn in the devices to both sirens at the same time giving in essence two seperate alarms systems that use the same common sensors.

As mentioned with the 6400 you can add as many sirens as you wish so one in the house extra is easy and on a kitchen cupboard top it is extremely loud and intimidating.

Would the keyfob control be best for a situation like that?

The keyfob will not cancel an alarm if it is activated. This is a security measure to prevent someone finding the fob disarming the system.

last week a burglary I visited had a fully installed grade 2 system by a major manufacturer but the system design was pants allowing the panel to be reached while still counting down and with no external siren they disconnected the phone and ripped the panel from the wall in peace and quiet before ransacking the home.

Well more fool them then. I guess they have a hi-fi without speakers too. :rolleyes:

Well more fool them then. I guess they have a hi-fi without speakers too. :rolleyes:

There was a pir in the lounge set for instant and a pir in the hall on entry delay unfortunately nothing in the bedrooms or on bedroom windows and the property was single story.
Having no external siren meant that once they were inside there was nothing to alert the neighbours and the line out was pulled before activation.
I will never understand an alarm without a siren. While surveys suggest 30% of people ignore alarms doesn't that mean that not everybody does?

yaleguy3, message me please with price for the telecommunicating control panel with its charger and phone cable.

also a price for 5 or 6 window/door contacts

and a price for 1 pir movement sensor.

and also any indoor additional sirens you can use.

thank you[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back