Bath with dodgie legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all need a little advice please, have bought a pacific bathroom suite from homebase and all is ok apart from the legs supplied, there are 2 pices of what is best described as unistruct and 4 curved pices of plastic that hug the bath, but they do not fix to the bath this is done by means of double sided sticky tape which i dont have a lot of faith in, has anyone seen this before and can you offer any advice to assit a more confident secure fit than sticky tape, if this is normal thats ok and will it be strong enough thanks for any advice you might offer.

Sponsored Links
Its not normal at all and sticky tape will hold nothing when you have a bath full of water! First mistake was buying from homebase (or any DIY shed for that matter)

Can you post a pic of what you have received so that we can see exactly what you mean?

Thanks

Sounds like quality kit :rolleyes: .
Battens on the wall(s), lots of 4x2 timbers underneath to support it, and it'll be ok.
Screwing it to the wall helps enormously. Depending whether its plastic or steel, something like this at the corners:

toclampabathtoawall.gif

This is a pic of the legs thu mine dose not have the clamps that fit to the rivets that come from the bath, thus is a pic from a similiar set up. thanks for any help you might give

Sponsored Links
I've seen far worse!
Do as I said above and you'll be fine,
As it's metal you shouldn't need wall battens, but do fix it to the walls.
Keep the legs as short as possible by putting wood under them, rather than unscrewing.

That looks fine to me - and assume sticky tape is there as its a metal bath and cant screw into it!.. makes sense :)

Personally id still batton out under bath as Chris R says even though its metal - just makes it a little more stable and makes sure corners dont dip down if someone were to stand on it.

I think that sticky tape is a pressure sensitive pad of high tech adhesive that will stick like stuff to an army blanket ;)

Hi all thank you very much for the information, i am going to put a piece of wood under the rim at the tap end as it is the only brick wall the others are all plaster board, and as i have a concrete floor i am going to put some uprights of wood in at the other end at both corners and will put a frame up at the front, once again thankyou, lol now to address the corner toilet the float inside always catches the side and wont go up and down wish me luck

Cut the side off the float that rubs :idea: ;) - Seriously, come back if you need to :idea:

lol is there anything you people dont know. i rub down the float with some sand paper and its works a treat thankyou, and the sticky pads are like well strong they wont come off, thankyou all very much

ok thanks for the help, have one last quirey, i have a basin and pedistal that i am going to install, thu i have brand new tilles on the walls and the floor, is there a fixing compound that will enable me to fix the basin and pedistal to the floor and wall without screwing the items down, if you think that this is dumb please tell me and if it is ok what compound should i use.

Thanks for any help

Attn: Windor64

Did you get your bathlegs sorted out?

I too bought a Pacific steel bath from Homebase and was in total disbelief when I realised that you were meant to just stick them on.

Have you any tips, how did you do it, is it stable etc

Any info would be welcome as I am about to fit it this weekend.

Thanks

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back