Ideal boiler HE C22/24 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have brought a house with an Ideal HE C22/24 boiler but have started to suffer from poor temperature control in my shower.

All was well initially but now it cycles hot and cold. I have watched the boiler while the shower is on and the pressure gauge, which at rest indicated just below 1bar fluctuates between about 0.5 and 1.5 bar. Also, the burner intermittently goes out then relights causing the temperature variation in the shower.

If I turn the flow rate right down in the shower then I do get constant hot water but it never used to be necessary.

I wonder if the pressure needs topping up but cannot find how to do it - there is a fill loop but appears to be no easy to use taps/valves.

Any suggestions please?!

Skippmon

Sponsored Links
I have a question for you.

Is the hot water performance good from all of your hot water taps?

If the hot water supply from your taps is good, then the problem must lie with the mixer part of your shower.

What type of shower do you have?

If your hot water perfomance is poor everywhere then you will most likely have a boiler problem. Which, i would put money on it being a blocked plate heat exchanger. You will need to call a RGI to repair it.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply.

The temperature fluctuates when high flow rate is demanded from any tap in the house so definitely a boiler issue. I'll call an engineer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back