Hoover washer /dryer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please help.
My washer /dryer hoover W143 not working now. Seems like program itself working but motor not rotating at all.
After start just spinning few seconds and that is all. I removed electronic controller
and found one resistor was burnt.

Please advice NOMINAL of this resistor
Resistor located between DT1 and TN2
I suppose triac BRB16 burnt as well.
But at least I can see number of triac but resistor totally burnt and I cannot find nominal.
Thanks and please send replay to

Best regards,
Sergiy
Oslo, Norway

MOD

e mail removed it can be shown in your profile

Sponsored Links
If it is a large resistor they often run hot and appear burnt when still working OK. I would check the tacho magnet as they sometimes break or come loose. This is a small black disc on the back end of the motor shaft.

No. Resistor burnt for sure. I checked with multimeter and resistance was endless. This is not a big resistor but I think 0,125wt .(small size)

W143.jpg

Is this the machine?

Sponsored Links
I know firms who could repair this board or supply a reconditioned board but I suspect they deal with UK customers only.

No. My machine looks diferently.
It is strange but I cannot find similar photo on internet.At least I can see
Hoover W143 performa 4 PowerJet 1400

But nothing can find on internet.... There is display on front ,one disk from right side(controller) and few buttons from left side.

It looks like:

112751.jpg

edited to insert image

Still cannot find nominal of resistor.Please help!!!!!

:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back