Paint new build pebbledash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Last week I helped a friend paint his new pebbledashed garage. It was difficult to paint using sandtex exterior smooth paint. The paint has gone on quite well but its not covered pebbledash completely. Its holed. Doesn't look bad from distance but not good when you get close.

Can masonary paint be sprayed. Searching web most say airless spayers are best for masonary paint. Is Earlex anygood.

Sponsored Links
It's very difficult to paint a rough surface/pebbledash in one go, especially using a brush. I would say you'd be better using a sprayer. Can't comment on Earlex sprayers,,, seen them advertised on TV, but that's it.

It's very difficult to paint a rough surface/pebbledash in one go, especially using a brush. I would say you'd be better using a sprayer. Can't comment on Earlex sprayers,,, seen them advertised on TV, but that's it.

Hi "roughcaster"

I have seen them demonstrated on idealworld.

Yesterday I called Earlex technical assistance. The Man was very good and told me to use sprayer masonary paint, the paint have to be diluted 50%. Diluted water based paint will be messy to spray and it looses its properties therefore doesn't serve its pupose. I am going to use masonary brush and hope for the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back