HOt water problem with Baxi Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Recently had a problem with hot water on my baxi combi boiler. when turning the hot water tap on, i get no hot water I have to turn the water dial off and on to fire the boiler up. When it does fire up the green water light flashes and the temperature lights start to increase but water occasionnally gets hot but mostly stays cold or luke warm.

Any ideas what is causing the problem? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hang on i will check the crystal ball........

Sorry OP but without at least the model name/number it's a shot in the dark.

Post more details

ok.......does the pin on the front diferential come out and make contact with the micro switch when you open a tap?......front bottom left.

If it doesnt your diaphram has split and needs replacing.

Does your flow pipe for heating warm up when you call for water? If so it is the diverter valve that neds replacing.

It maybe other things to but check these first and report back

Sponsored Links
i'll check this later when at home, thanks for your help so far. I'll report back when checked

Sorry it's actually a baxi 105e (if this makes any difference) I can't locate the microswitch, don't really know what i'm looking for, as for the pipe warming up, the pipe on the far left gets hot if this helps?

Thanks

if pipe on far left gets hot when your running a tap, sounds like the divertor valve is stuck causing the heat to go to your rads instead of to the plate heat exchanger to heat your water.

is there anyway of getting it "un-stuck" bearing in mind i don't really know what i'm doing!!

what would it cost to get someone to do it?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back